The May PoochPerks box is appropriately themed as their “Cinco de Mayo Fiesta” box! I absolutely love, love, love this theme and it’s totally not because I own a Chihuahua and Fiesta’s are our thing! 😉 PoochPerks offers different size boxes to accommodate any budget. We are reviewing the “Pampered Pooch Upgrade” box.
The toys in the May PoochPerks box are:
- MultiPet Loofa Dog – (retail value $4.00) Again not being biased at all 😉 I love the color Loofa Dog we received (black and yellow = Batman)! The dog itself is super soft and small enough for Bruce Wayne to carry around. It is also small enough that he can reach the squeaker in this one. The only downfall I’ve found with this toy is that the “loofa” fur comes out very easily. The threads are very short so it shouldn’t cause digestion problems, but it’s always a huge concern for me. (Below is a “First Impression” video of Bruce Wayne with this Loofa Dog for the first time. Don’t let this reaction fool you though, he really does love this dog, despite his lack of interest, he had just woken up from a nap.)
- Amazing Pet Products Crazies Toy – (retail value $5.00) This “doll”(?) plush figure is quite soft despite having a corduroy texture. It’s eyes and nose seem to only be held on with hot glue, which isn’t very sturdy. Also, the stuffing in the doll’s left leg is peeking out after one short play session. It does have both a squeaker and crinkly paper in it, which Bruce Wayne loves!
- Haute Diggity Dawg Grrona Beer Bottle – (retail value $12.00) This is both mine and Bruce Wayne’s favorite toy in the box. (We are besties because we have the same taste in toys, LOL!) It is the perfect size for Bruce Wayne. This is a toy he can actually carry around in his mouth. It also has a squeaker that is easy for Bruce Wayne to squeak. I adore the play on Corona Beer. These types of toys are always a hit!
The treats in the May PoochPerks box are:
- Pet Chef Liver Detox – (retail value $10.00 for 2 oz.) I love that PoochPerks included a “raw” treat in the box. As some of you know, Bruce Wayne follows a raw diet, so these treats definitely caught my eye. The treats are fairly large, but break into pieces quite easily (just a little messy).
- Exclusively Dog Taco Flavor Jerkeez – (retail value $7.00 for 7 oz.) These treats fit the “Cinco de Mayo Fiesta” theme perfectly and seem to be a great size for $7.00! I do like that these treats are made in in the U.S.A.; they are wheat, corn and soy free (kinda funny that a taco flavored treat is corn free), however, because it is high in ingredient count, contains flour, garlic powder and salt, I’ll give these to Bruce Wayne’s “Uncle Patches” instead. (Uncle Patches has an iron stomach, eats what he wants and still seems to be healthy as an ox!)
- American Natural Premium Coconut Colada – (retail value $9.00 for 8 oz.) This treat really intrigued me when I saw it! I’ve been wanting to incorporate coconut into his diet in a fun way. They are grain free, which is always a bonus! They are too big for Bruce Wayne, but they are a crunchy texture and easy to break in half.
The extra accessory in the May PoochPerks box is:
- Mexican Themed Dog Bandana – (retail value $7.00) This bandana fits perfectly with the theme of May’s box! It seems to be a great universal size. While it is too big for Bruce Wayne, if I roll the top once or twice, it fits him just fine. Bruce Wayne does not regularly wear tie bandanas, however, we loved it for quick cute photos!
Estimated Retail Value of May’s PoochPerks Box: $54.00
Overall Opinion: Don’t let the size of this little box fool you! It is jammed packed with fun goodies! I couldn’t even get it all back into the box and close the lid after I took everything out. I have no idea how the PoochPerks team got it all to fit in there in the first place! If you haven’t noticed already, I truly loved the theme of this month’s box! Again, it’s most likely because I own a small Chi-Chi, but it’s such a fun box! We definitely recommend grabbing this one!
B-DUBS Verdict: Bruce Wayne gives it 4 out of 4 grinchy paws! 🙂
Deals/Coupon Codes – If you’d like to try a Poochperks subscription, use code BRUCEWAYNE for 15% off and free shipping. (Poochperks can be ordered by cicking here or simply click on any of the pictures above.)
*The Fine Print* – Poochperks sends toys and treats based on your dogs size at the time you signup for a subscription or single box and even if you have the same size dog as me, you may have received different products (same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is an affiliate for Poochperks and receives a free box in return for our review, however, these are solely my honest opinions of this month’s box based on Bruce Wayne’s size and preference.
This is Bruce Wayne’s “First Impression” of the dog loofa toy he received in his box. He had just woken up from a nap, so as you can see, he wasn’t in full play mode yet. Go figure after I stopped recording, a few minutes later he started playing with it, but we wanted to keep his first impression videos true to form. Enjoy! 🙂