June’s Pooch Perks box theme is “Just Keep Swimming”. Obviously, the theme is based on the anticipated Finding Dory film debuting later this month. Pooch Perks offers a variety of boxes to fit any budget. We are reviewing the Pampered Pooch Upgrade box.
The toys in the June Pooch Perks box are:
- Kong Cute Sea Fish – (retail value $7.00) This is quite a chunky fish with a squeaker in the center. The fins have the crinkle paper in them that Bruce Wayne loves. While Bruce Wayne can’t get his little mouth around the fish, he has taken quite a liking to the fins. It seems like a good fit for small dogs, as it doesn’t seem very durable for a powerful chewer, as our fish already has some stuffing coming out.
- Pet Lou Sea Turtle – (retail value $7.00) This turtle has super long legs which makes it fun for Bruce Wayne to drag around. The front leg has a bell in it and each “foot” has a squeaker in it. It has two different materials on it, which is fun for Bruce Wayne, as he likes to try and pull out the “fur”. At first glance, it just seems like a regular turtle, but it actually has quite a lot going on for it to keep your pup amused.
- Fetch Pet Products Ocean Buddies – (retail value $7.00) This toy pack came with 3 different fish! That’s a bonus all in itself (it’s like getting 3 toys in 1)! This toy pack is the first thing that got my attention when I opened our box, as the fish are small and resemble cat toys, which Bruce Wayne absolutely loves! Each fish is a different textured material, but they all contain a squeaker and crinkle material within them. (See end of post for Bruce Wayne’s first impression of these fish.)
The treats in the June Pooch Perks box are:
- Yummy Chummies Salmon Savory Strips – (retail value $9.00 for 5 oz.) These are chewy salmon treat strips and you certainly get a good amount of strips! I’ll probably give these to Bruce Wayne’s crazy Uncle Patches, as you all know by now how crazy I am about limited ingredients for Bruce Wayne, but if your dog likes Salmon, it looks like they will love these!
- The Real Meat Company Beach Bums – (retail value $7.00 for 4 oz.) These treats are a soft meaty treat, which despite it’s “Beach Bums” name, you should not take it to the beach, as they suggest not having these treats in direct sunlight. They are a bit messy if you have a little dog since you’ll have to break up the pieces, but contain some pretty good healthy ingredients.
- Grandma Lucy’s White Fish – (retail value $13.00 for 2.5 oz.) I was most excited for these treats! I know it doesn’t seem like a good value compared to the other treats, but as I always say “I pay more to keep ingredients out” for Bruce Wayne. These treats have ONE simple ingredient — Pollock! I was so excited to get these treats and Bruce Wayne seems to love them just as much!
The extra included in the June Pooch Perk box is:
- Aromadog Derma Pooch Spa Therapy Soap – (retail value $10.00) As soon as you open the box, you can smell this soap! It doesn’t state the actual “scent” but it smells like you are walking into a Lush store. This particular soap states that it helps sooth itchy, flaking skin, which is perfect for a lot of dogs heading into allergy season. Personally, I’ve never used a bar soap on Bruce Wayne so I’m anxious to see how it works.
Estimated Retail Value of the June Pooch Perks Pampered Pooch Box: $61.00
Overall Opinion: Pooch Perks really packed a lot into this June box! This box came with 7 items! 7 full-size awesome items! Every treat bag we got was a full size bag; the soap was a full size bar; and the toys are all the perfect size for Bruce Wayne. Every product in this June box matched the “Just Keep Swimming” theme perfectly. It truly is a fantastic box that Pooch Perks put together.
B-DUBS Verdict: Bruce Wayne gives it 4 out of 4 grinchy paws!
Deals/Coupon Codes – If you’d like to try a Pooch Perks subscription, use code BRUCEWAYNE for 15% off and free shipping. (Pooch Perks can be ordered by cicking here or simply click on any of the pictures above.)
*The Fine Print* – Pooch Perks sends toys and treats based on your dogs size at the time you sign up for a subscription or single box and even if you have the same size dog as me, you may have received different products (same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is an affiliate for Pooch Perks and receives a free box in return for our review, however, these are solely my honest opinions of this month’s box based on Bruce Wayne’s size and preference.
This is Bruce Wayne’s “first impression” of one of the fishes he received in the Ocean Buddies 3 pack. I like to think that he felt bad about trying to chew the fish’s head off and is licking it to make it feel better. In reality, I think it probably just smelled like the treats in the box, lol. Enjoy!