BarkBox’s July theme is “World Chompian”. Get it, “CHOMPian” 😉 This theme is without a doubt centered around the Rio Olympics.
The Toys in the July BarkBox are:
- Apollo’s Wreath – (retail value $8.00) This toy is obviously made to resemble the Greek olive wreath worn by Olympic champions. BarkBox nailed the sizing for the small dogs, as it fit Bruce Wayne very well. It is also extremely sturdy and will hold up against any strong chewers. There is a squeaker inside, but it’s a bit hard to actually squeak (or at least ours was). The leafs are actually quite sturdy and stitched in well, so you shouldn’t have to clean up random leaves everywhere.
Below is a “First Impressions” video of Bruce Wayne with the Apollo’s Wreath. He was certainly interested in it, but in typical Bruce Wayne fashion decided laying down was more interesting….lol. Enjoy! 🙂
- Playto – (retail value $8.00) This fun Greek God toy has a squeaker and enough hair to keep your dog entertained for quite some time. (Bruce Wayne loves toys with hair, lol.) Again, this is the perfect sized toy for small dogs. Bruce Wayne can actually carry this one around throughout the house.
The Treats in the July BarkBox are:
- Terra Natural Freeze Dried Dog Treats – (retail value $10.00 for 1.12 oz.) I’m so excited to see these treats in our BarkBox! They are a single ingredient treat — Lamb! That’s it, just freeze-dried lamb. I love that these treats are pre-cut small squares so I won’t have to break them apart and would make a great training treat for larger dogs, as well.
- Brazilian Style Beef Tips – (retail value $10.00 for 5.5 oz.) These are a soft and chewy style beef flavored treat. They are a bit large for Bruce Wayne, so would have to be broken in half for him. They certainly fit the theme perfectly since the Olympics are held in Brazil. While these sound and look quite yummy, I’ll probably end up passing them on to Bruce Wayne’s crazy Uncle Patches or put them up as a Freebie Friday item.
The Extra/Accessory in the July BarkBox is:
- BarkBox Pop-Out Medal – (retail value $n/a) This is not a toy. It is a cardstock cutout. BarkBox has been sending these every once in awhile in our box. It’s just an extra freebie that is meant for fun and an added prop for picture taking. This one was made to be cut out then put onto your dog’s collar. I suppose you are supposed to tape it, as it is single-sided and does not actually have any loopholes for a collar.
Estimated Value of July’s BarkBox: $36.00
Overall Opinion: I loved the theme and appreciate that BarkBox sent this box out in July versus sending it out in August, so that we had the fun toys to take pictures with as the Olympics started. BarkBox did a great job keeping with the theme throughout their box. I was especially excited to get the one ingredient treats and bruce Wayne has enjoyed the toys so far, as well. He certainly likes the Playto friend more than the head wreath, but they have both provided lots of entertainment for him.
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the July BarkBox 4 out of 4 grinchy paws! They nailed it on appropriate sized products for him this month…..at least that is what he told me 😉
Deals/Coupon Codes: If you’d like to try a BarkBox subscription, use code BRUCE for free shipping and a free $10 credit to the BarkShop. (BarkBox can be ordered from www.barkbox.com/brucewayne or simply click on any of the photos in this post) If there’s a particular toy or treat you’d like to order from www.barkshop.com, you can use code BRUCE on any order of $10 or more for a free steer stick added to your order. Happy shopping!
*The Fine Print* – BarkBox sends toys and treats based on your dog’s size at the time you sign up for a subscription or single box and even if you have the same size dog as me, you may have received different products (same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is an affiliate for BarkBox and receives a free box, however, these are solely my honest opinions of this month’s box based on Bruce Wayne’s size and preference.