Holy Alien Attack. The July PoochPerks box theme is no doubt “Alien Invasion”. PoochPerks is a monthly subscription box for dogs of all sizes. We are reviewing the Pampered Pooch upgrade box.
The Toys in the July PoochPerks box are:
- Pet Lou’s One Eyed Monster – (average retail value $5.00) – This 7 inch blue fuzzy one eyed monster toy promotes having a puncture proof squeaker. The entire body of the toy houses the squeaker, which makes it easy for dogs to find and squeak. Bruce Wayne loves the fuzzy exterior, as he loves to try and pull fuzz out of the toy, however, he hasn’t been able to squeak it yet, as the squeaker body is a bit large for his little Chi-Chi mouth.
- Spunky Pup Alien Flex Ghim – (average retail value $8.99) – This plush toy is super soft and measures about 4.5 inches tall and about an inch wide. The toy has both the crinkle material that Bruce Wayne loves and a squeaker in the middle of the body. The squeaker is a bit small, so a small dog may have trouble finding it, but it is surrounded by crinkle material, which should provide lots of entertainment as well.
- Jolly Pets Flathead – (retail value $7.00) – We love this fun toy! It is made of a non-toxic nylon, so it is plenty durable for any small dogs. The “arms” and “feet” of the toy include Bruce Wayne’s favorite crinkle material, while the “head” has both a crinkle material and a squeaker. The body of the toy is still nylon but interlaced like most typical rope toys, which will make for some fun chewing times. Overall, this is a great all in one toy!
- Spunky Pup Alien Flex Mini Meteor – (retail value $5.99) – This is the perfect size for a small dog like Bruce Wayne. This toy is designed for you to put a small treat in it and have your dog “work” for their treat. It’ll keep them entertained trying to reach their treat without having to give them many treats. The first thing I noticed was how good it smells. It is bubblegum scented and does not have any of that typical rubber smell you can get with interactive toys such as this. I think most dogs would love playing with this toy even when there isn’t a treat inside.
Below is a video of Bruce Wayne’s “First Impression” of this Alien Flex Mini Meteor. Bruce Wayne was a little intrigued, but ended giving up after a few minutes. Bruce Wayne is extremely laid back (and lazy), so I wasn’t surprised when he keep going after the treat, but this is definitely the most he’s played with any interactive toy yet.
The treats in the July PoochPerks box are:
- Real Meat Company Dog Treats – (retail value $6.50 for 4 oz) – These treats play great into the alien theme. We received the beef and oatmeal flavor with spinach. These treats have been very well received for a lot of our friends on Instagram and Bruce Wayne’s crazy uncle Patches (a JRT). I passed on giving these to Bruce Wayne since they contain salt, but overall they are quite a healthy treat for dogs. They are semi-chewy and break into pieces easily.
- Exclusively Dog Cookies – (retail value $4.95 for 8 oz) – We received the vanilla flavor sandwich creme cookies. First off, the packaging is adorable and resembles a human cookie package perfectly. You could definitely leave these out in the kitchen and someone would think they were for humans and probably try to eat them. While I love the packaging and concept, I will be passing these onto Bruce Wayne’s uncle Patches, as they contain wheat flour, sugar, salt and garlic powder. I am very particular about the treats Bruce Wayne eats, but as I’ve always stated, I am very overprotective.
- Camberville Dog Treats – (retail value $5.00 for 2 oz) – We received the kale and banana flavor in our box. I was so incredibly excited to see these Camberville dog treats included in this box! I love that they are only 3 ingredients – organic oats, kale and banana. Best of all, Bruce Wayne also loves them! He truly gets excited when I give these treats to him. They are small square treats, so would make a great training treat for bigger dogs as well. They are crunchy and easy to break. Typically, I break a square into four pieces for Bruce Wayne. We could never get tired or complain about seeing these treats in our box.
The accessory/extra in the July PoochPerks Box is:
- Loyal Friend Poop Bags – (retail value $7.99 for 72 bags) – I will always welcome poop bags in our subscription box! Since Bruce Wayne is pee pad trained, I use these often and honestly, everyone should be using these when they take their dog(s) for a walk …. I’m looking at you you, my neighbors! LOL. These bags resemble the popular Earth Rated brand and so far, I have no complaints about them. They are easy to tear off and are durable enough for us.
Estimated Value of the July PoochPerks Box: $51.42
Overall Opinion: Yet again, PoochPerks knocked it out of the park with this box! 🙂 I was super excited to see the waste bags, Camberville Dog Treats and the fun toys they jam packed this box with. The toys are the perfect size for Bruce Wayne and other small dogs. While some of the treats aren’t for Bruce Wayne, his Uncle Patches will surely have no problem eating them for Bruce Wayne, lol. We aren’t big into alien movies or theories, but I loved the theme and PoochPerks did a great job of sticking to the theme pretty well.
B-DUBS Verdict: Bruce Wayne gives the July PoochPerks box 4 out of 4 grinchy paws!
Deals/Coupon Codes – If you’d like to try a Pooch Perks subscription, use code BRUCEWAYNE for 15% off and free shipping. (Pooch Perks can be ordered by clicking here or simply click on any of the pictures above.)
*The Fine Print* – Pooch Perks sends toys and treats based on your dogs size at the time you sign up for a subscription or single box and even if you have the same size dog as me, you may have received different products (same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is an affiliate for Pooch Perks and receives a free box in return for our review, however, these are solely my honest opinions of this month’s box based on Bruce Wayne’s size and preference.