As you’ve probably noticed, companies are turning to social media more often in their marketing efforts. Let’s be honest, most of us turn the channel or pick up our phones when a commercial break starts, so some companies are shifting their marketing efforts to reflect the times.
Personally, I’ve found many products that I love from Instagram. I’m more willing to try a new product if I see that it is something an Instagram friend vouches for more so than from seeing it on a paid commercial. And in turn, I love sharing products that Bruce Wayne likes that you may not have seen before so that our friends can try it as well. It’s all about sharing on social media. 🙂
I’ve put together a list of the top 5 companies that I’ve found to be the most interactive on Instagram (where we spend most of our social media time). By interactive, I am referring to companies that give away free products, are informative, and communicate directly with their followers. Again, this list is strictly based on Instagram, not FaceBook or the company’s direct website.
*Disclaimer* – This list is regarding large companies and are based on my personal interactions with each company. It’s just an opinion list, not rocket science 😉 A smaller shop list will be coming soon.
Let’s get started.
5) Pet Valu – (@petvalu and @petvalu_us) Pet Valu is a boutique type store that sells various pet products. They have stores across the U.S. and throughout Canada. This is where I go when I buy Bruce Wayne’s Primal Freeze-Dried Raw for traveling. It can be a little confusing, as Pet Valu has 2 Instagram accounts (as stated above). We follow both, but the @petvalu_us is the one I am referencing. Pet Valu has really started picking up their Instagram game. They are active more often and post daily “cute customer” photos of actual pets in their various stores. I’ve DM’d and commented questions on various things to Pet Valu and have always gotten an answer. While they might not answer the same day, they usually do get back to me within the same week. Be sure to give them a follow, as they are hosting more and more contests! 🙂 Most recently, Bruce Wayne just won a $50 gift card from Pet Valu for entering their August Instagram Photo Contest for his “beach bod” ;-)! Check their account for details, as each week there is a new winner and new theme. Good luck!
4) 1-800-Pet-Meds – (@1800petmeds) Most of our friends probably already follow this company. Did you know that 1-800-Pet-Meds sells more than just medications? You can find accessories, beds, strollers and much more on their site, as well. Each Friday, 1-800-Pet-Meds hosts mini giveaways on Instagram account, in which all you have to do to enter is leave a comment. It doesn’t get much easier than that. Also, recently, 1-800-Pet-Meds has been highlighting various customers and sharing their stories to make the company that much more personable. If you ever have a question, you can always DM them or leave a comment. In the past, I have done both and received responses both ways, however, as they grow, it would probably be best to DM since Instagram only allows you to view recent notifications and they can get lost easily in the shuffle. Also, I may be a little biased, but Ally (from the company) was kind enough to send Bruce Wayne a birthday package for his 2nd birthday with a sweet handwritten note. That was super sweet and always leaves us with good thoughts.
3) Chewy – (@chewy) We order so many various products from Chewy. We’ve ordered everything from toothpaste, beds and food from Chewy. I’ve never seen a dog company blossom and grow as fast as Chewy seems to be doing, while maintaining personal customer service. As many of their followers know, Chewy hosts weekly (and sometimes more often) giveaways. Their giveaways always vary in products and sizes. Chewy is another company that you can ask questions to and usually get fast responses. I’ve left many questions in the comments portion of their posts and have gotten responses the same day or next day.
2) Vital Essentials – (@vitalessentialsraw) O.M.G. I cannot tell you how much Bruce Wayne loves VE treats! Especially, the salmon skins! He goes crazy when he gets some cut up salmon skin. VE has definitely stepped up their Instagram presence within the last few months with some amazing contest prizes. I’ve seen a few contests that they have sponsored giving away 6 months worth of VE treats! We do not participate in contests much anymore, but even we tried to win that prize (sadly, we did not win, but will keep trying). What has truly impressed me with VE’s Instagram presence is their reachability and knowledge. I kid you not, I DM’d the VE account one night around 11 asking a question about their freeze-dried food line (yes, these are things that keep me up at night, lol). I expected to maybe get an answer in a day or two, if that. Much to my surprise, I got a full detailed answer that night about 20 minutes later. I was shocked. I continue to be impressed with the marketing direction of VE and hope to see them in more stores near me. In the meantime give them a follow, you’ll love them just as much as Bruce Wayne!
1) Benebone – (@mybenebone) Bruce Wayne loves, loves, loves to chew on his Benebones! (In fact, I just bought him another one today.) He surprisingly wasn’t a huge fan of the bacon Benebone, but he loves the peanut butter one! This is a brand that most of our friends probably already follow as well, but it doesn’t get much more interactive then Benebone! Each Monday, Benebone holds a photo contest on Instagram in which you can win a box of Benebones for your favorite shelter/rescue. Not just a Benebone, but a BOX of Benebones! We have been lucky enough to win twice and sent our boxes to MDSPCA and the Baltimore County Humane Society. It is such an easy and rewarding way to give back to shelter dogs directly. On Fridays, Benebone hosts a “Free Benebone Friday” contest. Again, to win, all you need to do is enter a cute photo and tag Benebone with their hashtag for that week. If you win, you’ll get a free Benebone and frisbee. 🙂 As many of you know, Benebone is the king of contests/giveaways. They are always so helpful and willing to sponsor Instagram contests.There have been many times when we entered a contest hosted by our friends simply in hopes of winning the Benebone, lol. I actually won an iPad Mini from one of their photo contests, so be sure to keep an eye out for their “human” prize contests, as well! Our final note about Benebone is that they often reply to comments. While they can’t always get to them all, they truly do try to answer everyone’s comments. It’s been great to watch them grow into a large company that now sells out of Target and Amazon.
I highly recommend following these companies. Besides the freebies they often give away, they are just plain good companies that care almost as much about your dog as you do! 😉
We love hearing about kind, interactive companies, so if there’s any you think we need to know about, please let us know in the comments below! 🙂