The theme for the September PoochPerks box is “Back to School”. The theme fits perfectly, as it’s that dreaded time of year again for many students, but the happiest time of year for a lot of parents and pets! 😉 We are reviewing the Pampered Pooch PoochPerks box. PoochPerks offers many various boxes for you to choose from to fit any budget.
The Toys in the September PoochPerks Box are:
- Kong Sport 3 Pack – (retail value $7.50) How can you not be happy to see a Kong product in your subscription box? We received this 3 ball pack, which includes: a baseball, a basketball and a soccer ball. Honestly, they are a little too big for Bruce Wayne. These look like they are best suited for a small-medium sized dog (like a JRT). Kong does make an xsmall size for us small pups, but I do understand that PoochPerks’ small box is for dogs up to 35 lbs. Either way, you know you’re getting a quality product when it comes to Kong products.
- Pet Qwerks Newspaper – (retail value $5.00) This is my favorite toy from the box this month and will probably grow into Bruce Wayne’s favorite as well since it is small enough that he could get his little Chi-Chi mouth around it. It also has a squeaker and the crinkle material, which is Bruce Wayne’s favorite. He loves crinkle sounds from his toys.
Below is a short “first impression” video of Bruce Wayne with the newspaper toy. He’s definitely interested in it, but in typical Bruce Wayne fashion lays down on the job, lol. Since the filming of this video, he’s played with it much more.
- PetLou Dinosaur – (retail value $8.99) This little purple guy takes me back to 3rd grade learning about dinosaurs! What a fun time that was. This dinosaur is about 7 inches, which makes for a good size for Bruce Wayne. He is pretty soft and has a squeaker in the middle that is fairly easy to squeak.
The Treats in the September PoochPerks Box are:
- RedBarn Pet Products Roofle – (retail value $1.39) Is this not the cutest dog treat you’ve ever seen? Not only do they nail the look and shape of a waffle, but they even have the dang “syrup”! This looks better than what I can even cook up in the mornings. I was a bit confused if it was a treat or chew so I looked up some more information. It’s made of chopped rawhide and the syrup is made from chicken broth and other ingredients. I really want to give this to Bruce Wayne, but because of his enlarged tonsils and some of the ingredients in the “syrup” he’ll have to pass this one to a friend. It’s really so stinking cute!
- Exclusively Dog Jerkeez Pizza Flavor – (retail value $6.99 for 7.0 oz.) The “Exclusively Dog” brand is a familiar brand that we’ve seen, which is always good to get brands you’re familiar with. This “pizza” flavor is perfect for the back to school theme, as I’m pretty sure in school, everyone looked forward to pizza days. I’m not exactly sure where the “pizza” flavor comes from, as the main protein ingredient is chicken, but hey maybe it’s a gourmet style pizza….I definitely didn’t have that luxury in school. These treats are wheat, corn and soy free, which is great! They are also made in the USA, however, they have many more ingredients than I like to give Bruce Wayne. The good news is that his crazy Uncle Patches (a JRT) loves this brand, so he will happily take them off Bruce Wayne’s paws.
- Treat Simple Trail Mix – (retail value $8.99 for 5 oz.) At first glance, these treats sort of resemble your typical bad ingredient milk bone treats. However, as in life, you shouldn’t judge a treat based on its looks, because when you read the ingredient list, it’ll make you much happier. Yes, these treats are made of 7 ingredients and you know how I feel about treats with many ingredients ….. But wait, the ingredients are: oat flour, blueberries, kale, apples, bananas, coconut oil and honey. They are wheat, corn and soy free and also non-gmo! All this got my attention quickly. Another thing I like is that most of the treats in the bag are small enough for Bruce Wayne to have whole. The other ones in the bag will have to be broken down, but since they are crunchy treats, it shouldn’t be difficult to break them down.
- Smokehouse Pet Products Prime Slice – (retail value $2.50) This “prime slice” measures 6.5 inches tall. It is a 100% piece of beef tendon. It is definitely a hard chew that would satisfy any dog’s desire to chew while enjoying a yummy treat. I know that Bruce Wayne would absolutely love this and want to chew on it for hours, however, since he has enlarged tonsils, he will not be able to enjoy this awesome treat. This will make for a great “Closet Cleanout” gift.
The Extra/Accessories in the September PoochPerks Box are:
- FIU Antibacterial Wet Wipes – (retail value $4.75 for 15 wipes) I might be the only weirdo that gets excited to see wipes in the box, lol, but I use wipes daily on Bruce Wayne. Typically, I use baby wipes because of the convenience and I have to have hypoallergenic and such for Bruce Wayne since I use them to wipe his “manly part” after he pees. Since Bruce Wayne is pretty small, he can easily lick any area I use the wipe on so I have to be careful what I use on him. That being said, these antibacterial wipes would really come in handy for hikes and most dogs. Also, they are the perfect convenient travel size.
- Squeak-n-Snap – (retail value $14.95) This is so incredibly AWESOME! I consider myself part of the “older generation” now these days, lol, so I’m always amazed at the technology invented on a daily basis. You plug this bear into your smartphone and open your camera app and snap! Easy as that, even I can do it! 🙂 Your phone takes the picture as you snap the squeaker in the bear. Come on, you can’t tell me that your mind wasn’t just blown reading that?! Now, it is so easy to take those quick captures with your dog’s full attention (and in our case, with Bruce Wayne’s ears up)! I don’t have any toddlers, but I’d imagine this would work just as great with young kids. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work with my DSLR camera, however, the squeaker is so loud and efficient that I’ve used it just as is, not plugged in, to get Bruce Wayne’s ears up.
Below is a quick photo I took on my phone with the Squeak-N-Snap. It literally takes the pictures at the exact moment you squeak it. There is no lag time, so you always get the perfect capture.
Estimated Overall Value $59.67
Overall Opinion: Woah! Like a long day at school, I’m exhausted. I literally had to take a break in between typing up this review. PoochPerks amazes me with how much they can pack into a box! I loved the theme and while no item screamed school out loud, each item certainly tied into the school theme well. Out of the entire box, there are maybe 1-2 items that Bruce Wayne can’t have, but his crazy Uncle Patches will absolutely be thrilled to get them. I love the variety of items that we got this month. It truly covered all aspects of school down to the antibacterial wipes ….. Because kids are dirty! 😉 LOL (that’s the angry “my dog should be allowed in” mom in me.) If you want to spoil your dog, PoochPerks is certainly the way to go. I say it every month, but they continue to WOW me.
B-DUBS Verdict: Bruce Wayne gives the September PoochPerks box 4 out of 4 grinchy paws!
Deals/Coupon Codes – If you’d like to try a Pooch Perks subscription, use code BRUCEWAYNE for 15% off and free shipping. (Pooch Perks can be ordered by clicking here or simply click on any of the pictures above.)
*The Fine Print* – Pooch Perks sends toys and treats based on your dogs size at the time you sign up for a subscription or single box and even if you have the same size dog as me, you may have received different products (usually same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is an affiliate for Pooch Perks and receives a free box in return for our review, however, these are solely my honest opinions of this month’s box based on Bruce Wayne’s size and preference.