The theme for the October Pet GiftBox is “Play Ball”. Given that it is World Series time, I love this theme. It is also different, as most of the other boxes chose to obviously do a Halloween theme.
The toys in the October Pet GiftBox are:
- Chewyville Slugger – (retail value $9.99) I am so in love with this toy! It measures about 7 inches tall and is very lightweight. It is the perfect size bat for small pups like Bruce Wayne. Within the thickest part of the bat is a squeaker. I also love that Pet GiftBox embroided their name and logo on the bat. It shows how much care they put into this toy.
- Fan Fanatic – (retail value $10.99) Even though this toy is pretty big and thick, it is very lightweight. If your dog likes to drag toys around, he/she won’t have any trouble carrying this toy. I love that instead of #1 Fan, it says “#1 Dog”. Within the hand portion of the toy is a squeaker. Unfortunately, Bruce Wayne has not been able to squeak his because it is literally in the middle of the hand, so he can’t get his little Chi-Chi mouth around it to reach the squeaker. The only thing this toy is lacking is crinkle material.
The Treats in the October Pet GiftBox are:
- Sliders – (retail value $12.99 for 6 oz.) Kudos to Pet GiftBox for having their own brand of treats made. The packaging is super cute and perfect for the baseball theme. The treats themselves are home plate shaped (adorbs) and are of a crunchy texture. They are a good sized treat for larger dogs, however for Bruce Wayne or small dogs, they would have to be broken in half.
- Gourmet Baseball Cookie – (retail value $3.99 for 1 cookie) This is the perfect treat for the baseball theme. The flavor we received is peanut butter. I love that the cookie is wheat, corn, soy and gluten free. It is certainly a treat that is line with the ingredients that I allow Bruce Wayne to have, however, since I have to watch his fat intake these days, I will have to ration it out sparingly.
The Extra/Accessory in the October Pet GiftBox is:
- Baseball Bandana – (retail value $6.99) Again, this is the perfect item for the baseball theme. It actually fits Bruce Wayne quite well. It is a little long on the sides, but can easily be tucked in.
Estimated Value of the October Pet GiftBox: $44.95
Overall Opinion: I was pleasantly surprised by how great this October box was. With so many Halloween toys, it was nice to have a different theme and being that I love baseball, it is welcomed! It is great to see Pet GiftBox designing and making their own toys and treats. I think it adds a level of professionalism and separates them apart from the pack. The highlight for us is certainly the baseball bat toy! It’s such a great size and resembles a baseball bat perfectly! This box certainly exceeds the price point that they charge. 🙂
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the October Pet GiftBox 3 out of 4 grinchy paws!
Deals/Coupon Codes – If you’d like to try a Pet Gift Box subscription, use code BRUCEWAYNE for 50% off your first box! (Pet Gift Box can be ordered by clicking here or simply click on any of the pictures above.)
*The Fine Print* – Pet Gift Box sends toys and treats based on your dog’s size at the time you sign up for a subscription or single box. Even if you have the same size dog as me, you may have received different products (same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is an affiliate for Pet Gift Box, however, these are solely my honest opinions of this month’s box based on Bruce Wayne’s size and preference.