The theme for the October BarkBox is “Are you Afraid of the Bark”. LOL, gotta love their play on words 😉
The toys in the October BarkBox are:
- Ryder’s Bewitching Broomstick – (retail value $8.00) I absolutely love this broomstick! It is a great size for small dogs and the fringe is perfect, as Bruce Wayne loves to chew on fringe, lol. The broomstick itself is one large squeaker. I’ve been able to squeak it no matter which end of the stick you squeeze, which is always good so dogs don’t have to search for it. However, bad for you if you have a dog that likes to over squeaks toys. The broomstick measures about 12 inches with the fringe and about 7 inches without it.
he below video is Bruce Wayne’s “first impression” of the broomstick toy. As you can see, Bruce Wayne is easily distracted, lol. Thanks for watching and enjoy!
- Rest in Pieces Tombstone – (retail value $12.00) This “tombstone” with grass measures about 10.5 inches long. It is certainly a bigger toy for small dogs, but pretty lightweight so they should be able to easily move it around. The tombstone itself is hard, while each square patch of “grass” has a squeaker inside it. Our squeakers were a bit hard to squeak, but I imagine that once they are broken in by your dog, it should be easier. I’m sure most dogs will love having so many squeakers, however, personally for Bruce Wayne, I would have loved to have the tombstone as the squeaker and the grass filled with crinkle material, as that is what Bruce Wayne really loves.
The Treats in the October BarkBox are:
- Chloe & Cupcake Ghouls Gobblers – (retail value $6.00 for 5.5 oz) I love the packaging of these treats! They are grain-free crunchy treats. I’m honestly not sure what shape they are, as I cannot clearly tell through the bag, however, they will probably have to be broken into 2 pieces for small dogs, but makes a great size treat for larger dogs. The flavor we received is duck and pumpkin.
- Caru Baked Bites – (retail value $9.00 for 4.0 oz) The flavor we received is beef, which happens to be Bruce Wayne’s favorite protein. They are described as a soft treat, however, they are more like a jerky texture in my opinion. They would definitely have to be broken down into pieces for Bruce Wayne’s little Chi-Chi mouth.
- Butcher’s Block Bones – (retail value $4.99 for 2 pieces) These bones are beef femur bones that have been hickory smoked. Even though they are intended for small dogs, they are quite large and heavy. I’m sure Bruce Wayne would absolutely love these, however, since he has enlarged tonsils, I’ll have to pass these along. Be forewarned that there is a warning on the label not to use on carpets. I personally do not know what will happen, however, I imagine there might be some staining involved.
The Extra/Accessory in the October BarkBox is:
- Halloween Treat Window Treat Sign – (retail value n/a) Oh my goodness this is so funny! This is a sign that you can put on your window or door advising that you have dog treats too. The funny part is at the bottom in smaller print, it says: “human-friendly too, if your child enjoys dog food.” LOL. Love it so much! Just a small little freebie that BarkBox includes, but it really shows their creative side.
Total Estimate Value of the October BarkBox: $39.99
Overall Opinion: I loved this October BarkBox! They certainly did not let us down with their Halloween theme. The standout in this month’s box for us is the broomstick. While due to health reasons, Bruce Wayne cannot eat all the treats, I love that they always include full-size grain free treats. If your dog loves squeakers, then this is certainly the box for them. Happy Halloween!
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the October BarkBox 3 out of 4 grinchy paws.
Deals/Coupon Codes: If you’d like to try a BarkBox subscription, use code BRUCE for free shipping and a free $10 credit to the BarkShop. (BarkBox can be ordered from www.barkbox.com/brucewayne or simply click on any of the photos in this post.) If there’s a particular toy or treat you’d like to order from www.barkshop.com, you can use code BRUCE on any order of $10 or more for a free chew added to your order. Happy shopping!
*The Fine Print* – BarkBox sends toys and treats based on your dog’s size at the time you sign up for a subscription or single box and even if you have the same size dog as me, you may have received different products (same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is an affiliate for BarkBox and receives a free box, however, these are solely my honest opinions of this month’s box based on Bruce Wayne’s size and preference.