The December theme for Pet GiftBox is ‘Season’s Greetings & Happy New Year’. Obviously, the theme is quite appropriate given the time of year.
The Toys in the December Pet GiftBox are:
- PetLou Candy Cane – (retail value $8.99) This candy cane is just about as big as Bruce Wayne, lol, however, we don’t mind, as I was looking to get a candy cane toy for a future post. The candy cane has a squeaker in the middle of the cane. Being that it is pretty thick, Bruce Wayne will probably not be able to actually squeak it, but he will love playing with the fringe on the outside of the candy cane. It is also super light, so even small dogs will have no problem dragging this around.
- PetLou Gingerbread Man – (retail value $9.99) – This is the cutest gingerbread toy we have received to date! He’s super soft, almost like a soft corduroy texture. He has a squeaker in the middle of his body, but again because Bruce Wayne has such a tiny Chi-Chi mouth, he probably won’t be able to squeak it. The only downside I can find is that I wish the head of the gingerbread man had a squeaker (since it’s thinner) or some crinkle material within the body. As with the candy cane, this toy is also super lightweight and shouldn’t be a problem for any small dogs.
The Treats in the December Pet GiftBox are:
- Polkadog Holiday Stocking Stuffer Treats – (retail value $6.99 for 2 oz) The flavor we received is ‘Chicken Little’. I love these on-the-go treat containers. They are the perfect size to throw into Bruce Wayne’s bag. I also love that these treats only contain 3 ingredients. The treats themselves are also a small size, which make for a great training treat. So far, Bruce Wayne has been loving them.
The video below is Bruce Wayne’s “first impression” of the Polkadog Holiday Stocking Stuffer Treats, along with some training tricks we have been working on. It’s easy to keep a pup motivated when yummy treats are involved.
The Extras/Accessories in the December Pet GiftBox are:
- Candy Cane Collar – (retail value $7.99) I wasn’t sure what to think of this when I first saw it, lol. The first thought I had was that it resembles those awful flea collars that people used to put on their dogs back in the day. However, this has nothing to do with that, so that’s a plus. These collars are made to act as a cologne or perfume for your dog. The fragrance we received is ‘peppermint’. It claims to last up to 30 days with a gradual release. My first concern was sure maybe some people like the smell of peppermint, but would your dog like to walk around smelling like a candy cane 24/7? Not only should you be able to take it off, but the back of the packaging states that the collars are made to “provide a pleasing yet not overwhelming fragrance experience”. Being that Bruce Wayne recently had a tonsillectomy, he will not be able to try this. I am curious though, so we will send it to a friend in a Closet Cleanout giveaway.
- PawPrint Ornament – (retail value $7.99) This is the product in the December Pet GiftBox that I was most excited to see! This is a pawprint ornament kit that you use to imprint your own dog’s pawprint. There is no mixing or baking required!! It doesn’t get any easier than this. I always love products that you can personalize and/or customize, as they make great forever keepsakes. Pet GiftBox really hit a homerun with this product!
Estimated Value of the December Pet GiftBox: $41.95
Overall Opinion: I loved this box! Absolutely loved it. It was perfect for Bruce Wayne in so many ways. There may be some that may be disappointed that there aren’t more treats or a full-sized treat, but with so many great products, we didn’t miss that at all. By far, the standout item for me was the pawprint ornament. It’s a great project that you can do together with your dog to remember the 2016 holiday season. All the toys were perfectly themed and light enough that Bruce Wayne can still move them around. Overall, I was really impressed with the December Pet GiftBox and would highly recommend it to any of our friends.
B-DUBS Verdict: Bruce Wayne gives the December Pet GiftBox 4 out of 4 grinchy paws.
Deals/Coupon Codes – If you’d like to try a Pet Gift Box subscription, use code BRUCEWAYNE for 50% off your first box! (Pet Gift Box can be ordered by clicking here or by visiting www.petgiftbox.com)
*The Fine Print* – Pet Gift Box sends toys and treats based on your dog’s size at the time you sign up for a subscription or single box. Even if you have the same size dog as me, you may have received different products (same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is an affiliate for Pet Gift Box, however, these are solely my honest opinions of this month’s box based on Bruce Wayne’s size and preference.