The theme for the February Pooch perks box is “50 Shades of Ruff”. This theme is hilariously awesome being that February is the month of love with Valentine’s Day and the release of the Fifty Shades Darker movie.
The toys in the February PoochPerks box are:
- ZippyPaws Spencer the Crinkle Monkey – (retail value $5.49) I love getting ZippyPaws toys in our boxes! We are very familiar with them and Bruce Wayne enjoys their toys. I especially love that the monkeys have these long arms and legs. Bruce Wayne loves that they have the crinkle material in them, as that is one of his favorite features in a toy.
- MultiPet Loofa Dog Head Toy – (retail value $3.99) Both Bruce Wayne and I are in love with this toy! Even though it is 7 inches tall and about the size of Bruce Wayne, is is completely flat and lightweight. The best part is that there is no stuffing or squeakers, it is completely made of crinkle material, which Bruce Wayne adores.
- Pet Sport Gorilla Ball – (retail value $4.67) This ball measures about 2 inches and is a great size for Bruce Wayne to play with. The ball itself has soft spikes around the entire ball. While Bruce Wayne doesn’t play fetch, he will occasionally push the ball around here and there. The only downfall I’ve found with this ball is that it collects hair and it is hard to pull off the ball. If your dog wants to play with the ball, be sure to vacuum your carpet first, lol.
The treats in the February PoochPerks box are:
- Sally Snacks Dog Treats – (retail value $15.00 for 3 0z.) The flavor we received is venison and turmeric. Those are the only two ingredients! I know the price of these treats seems pricey, but I always say that you pay for what you keep out! Bruce Wayne loves these treats, he goes bonkers for them, lol. They are long strips but are thin and super easy to break off into smaller pieces.
Ingredients: New Zealand Venison and Turmeric
Below is a “first” impressions video of Bruce Wayne trying these Sally Snacks. The only time I can get him to do tricks is when there are yummy treats that he really likes are involved.
- Down Dog Snacks (retail value $10.00 for 8 oz.) The flavor we received is applesauce and blueberry. This is a full-sized treat bag that is filled to the top! 🙂 I do love that the treats are wheat, soy, dairy, corn and sugar free, however, I am on the fence about potato starch. Again, this is just me being an overly concerned dog Mom.
Ingredients: Garbanzo flour, potato starch, applesauce, organic coconut oil, honey, blueberries, organic flax seed + cinnamon
- Healthy Dogma Dog Treats – (retail value $5.95 for 6.2 oz.) The flavor we received is bacon. These are a grain-free crunchy treat that come in a convenient travel cup. While these treats have no glaring ingredients that I will not give to Bruce Wayne, I’m a bit concerned about how many starches are in them. I will have to research these a bit further before I give them to Bruce Wayne.
Ingredients: Peas, Pea flour, Potato, Bacon, Tapioca, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Cranberry, Sweet Potato
The extra/accessory in the February PoochPerks box is:
- Pet Winery Dog Wine – (retail value $9.99 for 5 oz.) The flavor we received is “Fetch Me Noir”. Ummm, may I say this is the cutest thing ever!! Not only is it perfect for the Valentine’s Day theme, but so clever and creative. Not only is the packaging and idea of the dog wine awesome, but the ingredients are great! I was so worried that it’d look cute, but be something I could never give to Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait for him to try it, but I don’t want to lose it for photo ops either, lol, so I guess I’ll be ordering some more.
Ingredients: filtered water, infused with organic bacon extract and enriched with salmon oil
Estimated Value of the February PoochPerks Box: $55.09
Overall Opinion: PoochPerks knocked it out of the park with this box! I loved that PoochPerks stayed true to the Valentine’s Day theme throughout the box. There is so much goodness in this box that I don’t even know where to start. The highlight item for me would be a tossup between the Sally Snacks and dog wine. Bruce Wayne’s favorite items seem to be the MultiPet dog loofa face and Sally Snacks. It’s not often that we receive a box that Bruce Wayne can have everything in it because of how picky I am. Overall, if you can’t tell already, I was ecstatic over this box and highly recommend it!
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the February PoochPerks box 4 out of 4 grinchy paws!
The PoochPerks Dets:
|Where to buy:||www.poochperks.com|
|Types of Plans||Popular Pooch: 4-5 toys and all natural treats (starts at $27.95)
Custom Pooch: Create your own box (starts at $31.95)
Sample Pooch: A sample of 2 products from previous month’s boxes ($11.95)
|Shipping Fee:||Flat $5.00 shipping fee|
|Deals/Coupons:||Use code BRUCEWAYNE for 15% off|
*The Fine Print* – Pooch Perks sends toys and treats based on your dog’s size at the time you sign up for a subscription or single box and even if you have the same size dog as me, you may have received different products (usually same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is an affiliate for Pooch Perks and receives a free box in return for our review, however, these are solely my honest opinions of this month’s box based on Bruce Wayne’s size and preference.