The theme for the April BarkBox we received is “New York City”. Many of our other BarkBox friends received the “Throwback Thursday” box. We had hoped to get that box, but being that we do not yet have any of the New York City box toys, we were happy to get that as well.
The toys in the April BarkBox are:
- Lady Liberty Ball – (retail value $8.00) This is the perfect sized toy for Bruce Wayne. It is only a few inches and lightweight. The ball is the main feature of the toy and houses a squeaker. Being that Bruce Wayne does not like to play fetch, I don’t think he will get much use out of this toy. If your dog loves fetch, then this will be a great toy for them.
- The BarkPost – (retail value $10.00) I was very excited to see this toy in our box, as we had been wanting to get it for a while. It it a toy that is made to mimic a newspaper, but with dog stories featured. How cute and funny is that. This toy is very long, as it measures about 13 inches. It is lightweight for Bruce Wayne to carry, but given it’s size, he hasn’t really touched it, however, will make for fun photos. If your dog likes squeakers, your dog will love the 8 squeakers that it houses. The best part of the toy for Bruce Wayne is the crinkle material throughout the toy. Crinkle material is Bruce Wayne’s favorite!
The treats in the April BarkBox are:
- No Gainers NYC Jerky Bites – (retail value $10.00 for 5 oz.) The flavor we received is roasted duck. These are a great size treat for small dogs and would make a great training treat for larger dogs. They are described as a jerky treat, but they are much harder in texture than jerky. Due to the numerous ingredients, Bruce Wayne will have to pass on these.
Ingredients: Duck, Dried Whey, Yellow Pea Powder, Dehydrated Ground Potato Sugar, Dried Ground Beet Pulp Product, Dried Ground Black Bean, Dried Ground Garbanzo Bean, Duck Oil, Pecan Fiber, Salt, Sodium Bisulfate, Honey, Dried Ground Molasses, Natural Hickory Smoke Flavor, Cranberry Fiber, Dried Cultured Skim Milk, Mixed Tocopherols (preservative), Rosemary Extract
- Best Treats Ever! – (retail value $7.00 for 4 oz.) The flavor we received is turkey and duck. These treats come in both nugget shaped (round) and the strips, which is what we received. Either way, I’d have to break them down into smaller pieces for Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne recently got to try these treats in his BarkShop Treat Sampler and absolutely loved them.
Ingredients: Duck, Turkey, Vegetable Glycerin, Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract, Natural Smoke Flavoring
- Etta Says! Chew – (retail value $3.00 for 7 inches) The flavor we received is buffalo. I know many dogs love these kinds of chews, however, since this is made of rawhide, I do not give these to Bruce Wayne.
Ingredients: Rawhide, Buffalo, Caramel Coloring, Salt
Estimated Value of the April BarkBox – $38.00
Overall Opinion – Overall and honestly, I was a disappointed that we didn’t get the “Throwback Thursday” box. With that being said, I did like the toys that Bruce Wayne received. The “newspaper” toy is one that I had been planning on getting Bruce Wayne in the future so that worked out well. 🙂 While the liberty ball toy is the perfect sized for Bruce Wayne, he doesn’t fetch at all, so we will hold that for a giveaway. Ultimately, BarkBox always sends quality boxes, just some we love more than others. 🙂
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the April BarkBox 2 out of 4 grinchy paws!
Deals/Coupon Codes: If you’d like to try a BarkBox subscription, use code BRUCE for free shipping ($5.00 to Canada) and a free $10 credit to the BarkShop. (BarkBox can be ordered from www.barkbox.com/brucewayne.) If there’s a particular toy or treat you’d like to order from www.barkshop.com, you can use code BRUCE on any order of $10 or more for a free chew added to your order. Happy shopping!
*The Fine Print* – BarkBox sends toys and treats based on your dog’s size at the time you sign up for a subscription or single box and even if you have the same size dog as me, you may have received different products (same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is an affiliate for BarkBox and receives a free box, however, these are solely my honest opinions of this month’s box based on Bruce Wayne’s size and preference.