The theme for the May PoochPerks box is “Barks N’ BBQ”. With the summer fast approaching and the weather getting warmer, we love the BBQ theme.
The toys in the May PoochPerks box are:
- Ruff Ruff Couture Cheeseburger – (retail value $5.99) This is a great sized toy for Bruce Wayne. It’s about 3 inches tall by 3 inches wide and houses a squeaker in the middle. These are one of those toys that I’m not exactly sure how Bruce Wayne will interact with. He will either viciously throw it around or daintily lick on it, lol. It is super lightweight and will make for fun picnic and bbq themed photos regardless.
- Pet Qwerks Flavorit Nylon Bone – (retail value $11.40) The “flavor” we received is chicken. We are very familiar and love the Pet Qwerks family. This is the perfect sized bone for Bruce Wayne, as it only measures about 3 inches. The element to these bones is that you are supposed to spread your dog’s favorite spread over it and they can lick the tiny holes for hours. It is a great toy to keep active puppies busy. While, I no longer give Bruce Wayne peanut butter, maybe I’ll spread some coconut oil on this bone. The only weird thing is that the bone came unwrapped, not in any packaging. After doing some research, I found that the bones are dishwasher safe, so I will certainly be sterilizing it before I let Bruce Wayne go to town on it.
- Soft Flex Airball – (retail value $4.98) This toy is shaped as a torpedo and highlighter green, which I personally love. This is described as a “heavy duty” toy for “super chewers”, which Bruce Wayne certainly is not. It does squeak if you squeeze the thick part of the toy really hard. There’s no way Bruce Wayne is going to be able to squeak this one, so we will hold it for a Closet Giveaway.
The treats in the May PoochPerks box are:
- Preen Pets Chicken Jerky – (retail value $7.00 for 4 oz.) I’ve never heard of this brand before, but after looking at their label and website, I’m highly intrigued. These are all-natural USDA farm fresh chicken breast stripes. That’s all, just one ingredient, which always makes me happy! Being that Bruce Wayne is a bit “portly” these days, I’m glad to see that they are only 3.9% in fat. Even though they are described as a jerky, I would say that feel more like a semi-soft treat. They can easily be broken down into smaller pieces for small dogs.
Ingredient: USDA Farm Fresh Chicken Breast
- So Bright Natural Baked Dog Treats – (retail value $14.99 for 6 oz.) The flavor we received is beef liver. These are a round crunchy treat. While they are too big as is for Bruce Wayne, they break into smaller pieces pretty easily. While I do like that the treats contain beef liver, they also contain a lot of starches and carbs that I am trying to keep Bruce Wayne away from so we will hold these for a Closet Cleanout giveaway.
Ingredients: Ground Peas, Beef Liver, White Potato, Tapioca, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Cranberry, Whole Pumpkin, Carrot, Tomato Pomace, Celery, Beets, Parsley, Lettuce, Watercress
The extra/accessory in the May Dapper Dog Box is:
- Champion Life Eco-Friendly Poop Bags – (retail value $10.99 for 60 bags) Anyone that knows me knows how oddly excited I get to receive waste bags in our subscription boxes. I literally hate buying waste bags. We received the extra strong, cherry blossom scented bags. I definitely don’t believe that every waste bag is the same, but a good waste bag is generally a good waste bag (I hope that makes sense to you). These have been no different and I would say rank right along with the other named brand bags. I’m lucky in that Bruce Wayne is a small dog so I don’t need a super strong duty bag.
Estimated Value of the May PoochPerks Box: $55.35
Overall Opinion: This was a great box from PoochPerks. I was very happy to see the waste bags and chicken jerky treats, but a bit disappointed with the airball toy. I was introduced to some new companies this month that I hadn’t discovered before, which is always beneficial as a pet parent. I know that I’m an ultra picky parent, so some things that don’t jive with me don’t mean that you shouldn’t try them if you think your dog might like them. While PoochPerks recently revamped their website and boxes you can order, they haven’t changed the quality products that they send us.
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the May PoochPerks box 3 out of 4 grinchy paws!
Deals/Coupon Codes – If you’d like to try a Pooch Perks subscription, use code BRUCEWAYNE for 15% off. (PoochPerks can be ordered by clicking here.)
*The Fine Print* – Pooch Perks sends toys and treats based on your dog’s size at the time you sign up for a subscription or single box and even if you have the same size dog as me, you may have received different products (usually same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is an affiliate for Pooch Perks and receives a free box in return for our review, however, these are solely my honest opinions of this month’s box based on Bruce Wayne’s size and preference.