The theme for the June Pet Treater box is “Welcome to Pet Treater”. Technically, this June box isn’t themed, as it is just our welcome box, but our boxes going forward should be themed.
The toys in the June Pet Treater box are:
- SmartPaw Honeycomb Big Bone Chew – (retail value $6.50) This is a pretty cool interactive treat dispenser chew. You can stuff various treats or food in the holes of the “honeycomb”. It is made for power chewers. While I really like the idea of this bone, it is way too big and thick for Bruce Wayne. He does love to chew, but it’s just too big for him to get his little Chi-Chi mouth around. I will hold this for one of our bigger friends in a Closet Cleanout Giveaway.
- Grriggles Toy – (retail value $3.75) We received the pink dinosaur. It is fuzzy with a squeaker in the body of the dinosaur. Honestly, this toy feels and looks a bit cheap, but if your dog likes squeaky plush toys, they will probably love this one. Bruce Wayne isn’t big on these types of toys, but his crazy Uncle Patches loves them.
The treats in the June Pet Treater box are:
- Vegalicious – (retail value $4.50 for 1 oz.) The flavor we received is “garden harvest”. These treats are described as a “healthy popped snack” for dogs. I have never come across this brand before, but love the concept of the treat. If you’re a weight conscious pet parent, these would be a great treat for your dog, as they are only 4 calories per treat! I do love that these treats are wheat, soy and corn free, however, it does contain a lot of starch, which I am currently trying to keep Bruce Wayne from eating.
Ingredients: Pea Flour, Potato Starch, Chickpea Flour, Salt.
- Vegalicious Healthy Food Enhancer – (retail value $12.00 for 1.41 oz.) I absolutely love the concept of this “treat”. This is a treat designed for pet parents to put on top of your dog’s food. This is great for picky eaters or those who want to add a supplement to your dog’s meals. This is a glass bottle and you twist the top as you would a pepper grinder. This is an excellent way to “season” your dog’s food.
Ingredients: sweet potatoes, tapioca, quinoa, carrot flakes, beet granules, flaxseed, peas, lentils, natural flavor, kelp meal, lecithin, dehulled sunflower seeds, alfalfa meal, yeast culture, olive oil, coconut oil, soybean oil, pumpkin seeds, blueberries, yeast extract, carob, Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), betaine, N-butyric acid, Yucca Schidigera extract, vegetable oil, ginger root, turmeric root, fenugreek, fennel, dandelion, thyme extract, fumaric acid, lactic acid, green tea extract, catnip extract, Pot Marigold extract, L-carnitine, citric acid, malic acid, Aloe vera gel concentrate
- Vegalicious Healthy Treat Bar – (retail value $3.00 for 1.2 oz.) The flavor we received is “appleberry burst”. Again, the packaging is great for this treat bar, as it resembles a protein bar for humans. It feels like a soft chew treat, as I can easily break it into a smaller piece through the packaging. Since this treat does contain wheat, I will be passing it onto Bruce Wayne’s crazy Uncle Patches. 🙂
Ingredients: Buckwheat Flour, Dehydrated Apples, Vegetable Glycerin, Cane Molasses, Brewers Dried Yeast, Pea Fiber, Psyllium Seed Husks, Carrageenan, Dried Cranberries, Blueberry Powder, Vegetable Lecithin, Potato Starch, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid (Preservative)
The extras/accessories in the June Pet Treater box are:
- Frank Frank Dog Journal – (retail value $14.99) I was pleasantly surprised to see this Journal for humans in our box. It is a journal with dog thoughts scattered throughout. It is a hardcover, which I always prefer. Personally, I do not write in a journal, but I could certainly use this for other note taking events, etc.
- Outward Hound PupStop Barrier – (retail value $8.63) This is designed for you to put in your car in between the two front seats. This will help keep your dog in the back while you are driving if you have a dog that likes to go back and forth, which can be dangerous to both you and your dog. Luckily, we do not have that problem. Bruce Wayne prefers to sit in the back by himself and will only come up front when we reach our designation or called, but even then, he rather be in the back, lol. We will hold this for a Closet Cleanout, as I know some of our traveling friends would love to give this a try.
Estimated value of the June Pet Treater box: $53.37
Overall Opinion: Woah! We certainly got a lot of bang for our buck with this Pet Treater box. It was a nice surprise to get some human items for me and certainly helps give a uniqueness to Pet Treater. Honestly, I purchased the Pet Treater box for the free dog bed. I have an unhealthy obsession with dog beds. At first, I was a bit disappointed to see that it was pink, but then saw it was a breast cancer bed and that made much more sense for it being pink. Bruce Wayne doesn’t care what color it is, he is absolutely loving it! We will certainly keep going with Pet Treater, as I’m interested to see a themed box from Pet Treater.
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the June Pet Treater box 2 out of 4 grinchy paws!