The theme for the July PawPack is “Shark Month”. This theme is quite fitting since July is the month of the infamous Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. Fun Fact, as a child, I loved sharks. I loved to study everything about them. Now, not so much. Mainly because I don’t like watching them eat seals! 🙁
The toys in the July PawPack are:
- My Dog Toy Hammerhead Shark – (retail value $5.00) This is a great sized shark for a small dog. I like that it is a hammerhead shark, as it is different from your typical great white. The shark has two squeakers within the body of the shark, however, ours is extremely hard to squeak. I know if I have trouble squeaking it, Bruce Wayne will too.
- Jolly Pets Tug-N-Toss Mini – (retail value $4.99) This is a treat dispensing toy. You put your dog’s favorite treat in the bottom of the ball and then it becomes an interactive toy for your dog to try and get the treat out. There is a small handle on the top of the ball so that you can play tug-o-war with your dog.
The treats in the July PawPack are:
- Blue Shark Bites – (retail value $10.00 for 5 oz.) The flavor of these treats is blueberry. I love how thin and chip like they are. It makes for easier eating for smaller dogs. I was really excited to let Bruce Wayne try these treats until I researched tapioca flour for dogs. While many deem it safe, it does have a high glycemic index.
Ingredients: Tapioca flour, Blueberries, Unsweetened applesauce, Local raw honey, Coconut oil, Organic ceylon cinnamon and Pure vanilla
- Squid Bites – (retail value $6.99 for 2.5 oz.) These treats are what caught my eye when I first opened this PawPack. I have never seen squid treats before, but am highly interested in them. They fit the theme well and it’s nice to see a different treat that I haven’t seen before.
Ingredients: Squid, Vegetable starch, Glycerine
- Dante’s Doggy Delights Shark Cookie – (retail value $2.00 for 1 cookie) This cookie fits the shark theme perfectly and is a great size for a small – medium dogs. The “icing” looks delicious and looks like something I would want to eat. Unfortunately, because of the presence of xanthan gum I will have to pass on giving this treat to Bruce Wayne.
Ingredients: Almond flour, Organic coconut flour, Organic pumpkin, All natural peanut butter, Organic free-range egg, Xanthan gum, Organic flax, Psyllium husk, Yogurt icing, All natural and human grade dyes
Estimated Value of the July PawPack – $28.98
Overall Opinion: I loved the theme of the July PawPack. It fit right in with current events, however, honestly, the July PawPack was a bit lackluster for us. Because I’m so paranoid about what ingredients I give Bruce Wayne, he won’t be able to try the treats and the toys aren’t toys he generally engages with. I will certainly use the shark toy in future photo shoots, but I’m not sure we would get much use of the other items in this July box.
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the July PawPack 1 out 4 grinchy paws!