The theme for the August Dapper Dog Box is “Aloha Nights”. I love the theme, as August is usually the time of year that we visit the beach and many of these items are perfect for beach photoshoots.
The toys in the Dapper Dog Box are:
- Patchwork Nautical Dolphin – (average retail value $7.00) This adorable dolphin fits right in with the Beach Bum theme. It is about 10 inches long, plush and has a squeaker in the middle of the dolphin. This is best suited for a medium sized dog, but will make for a great prop when we go to the beach!
- Grriggles Shark – (average retail value $6.25) Again, this toy fits perfectly with the August theme. It too is about 10 inches long and has a squeaker toy in the middle. The fins are thin enough that Bruce Wayne could play and carry it around, however, he’s never really taken to plush toys much, so I will hold this to the side for a fun photoshoot prop.
The treats in the August Dapper Dog Box are:
- BarkWorthies Large Tripe Twist Dog Treat – (retail value 2.79 for 1 twist) OMG! Bruce Wayne loves these chews! Even though we received a large twist, you can break it into a smaller stick for a smaller dog. It just means you get more treat for your buck! 😉 I love that this chew is one ingredient and if you are unfamiliar with beef tripe, it is very nutritious for your dog, even though it can sometimes smell.
Ingredient: Beef tripe
- GivePet Campfire Feast Dog Treats – (retail value $10.95 for 12 oz.) The flavor we received is salmon, sweet potato and blueberry. First thing I noticed about this bag of treats that it is filled to the brim! This isn’t one of those treat bags where more than ½ of the bag is just air, this bag is a full-sized bag of treats. Even though there are many ingredients in these treats, there’s no glaring ingredients that I would be opposed to giving Bruce Wayne. I’m always looking for ways to get him to eat blueberries, as he refuses to eat fresh blueberries, lol.
Ingredients: Salmon, Peas, Potato, Chickpeas, Lentils, Tapioca, Tomato pomace, Canola oil (preserved w/ mixed tocopherols), Carrot, Dry sweet potato, Blueberry pomace, Celery, Beets, Parsley, Lettuce, Watercress
The extra/accessory in the August Dapper Dog Box is:
- Bow Addo Bandana – (retail value $16.00) Love! Love! Love! I absolutely love this bandana. The fabric captures the summer spirit perfectly and is the perfect size for Bruce Wayne. It is a snap bandana, which I personally love. It makes it so easy to put on and take off of Bruce Wayne during photo shoots. I know I’m biased, but I think Bruce Wayne looks incredible wearing this bandana. I will certainly be taking it to the beach with us.
Estimated Value of the August Dapper Dog Box – $42.99
Overall Opinion: What a fabulous box curated by The Dapper Dog Box! The highlight item for me this month was the beautiful bandana. Honestly, this is the best accessory we’ve ever received in any subscription box. I just love how it looks on Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne would say that his standout item in the August box is the BarkWorthies tripe twist. He has been loving chewing on the twist. While the toys are a bit too big for him, I can certainly use them as fun props. If you are looking to try a subscription box for your dog, I highly recommend The Dapper Dog Box. They also have a one month option and a birthday box for you to spoil your pup on their special day!
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the August Dapper Dog Box 3 out of 4 grinchy paws!
Deals/Coupon Codes – If you’d like to try a Dapper Dog Box subscription, you can use code BRUCEWAYNE for 15% off and free shipping. (The Dapper Dog Box can be ordered by clicking here.)
*The Fine Print* – Bruce Wayne is not an “affiliate” for The Dapper Dog Box, however, they did send us a complimentary box in return for our honest review. These are solely my opinions of the July Dapper Dog Box based on Bruce Wayne’s size and preference.